Position Title: Director of Business Development
ABOUT WEB DIRECT MEDIA, INC.:
Web Direct Media is a full service Interactive Performance Marketing company located 35 minutes outside of NYC, on the south shore of Long Island, NY. Through our innovative technology and consummate knowledge of the interactive marketing space, we have created Direct-Path , our flagship performance ad serving technology. We work with both Advertisers and Publishers by improving their ROI through increased sales and/or site monetization. Operating on a commission only revenue model, WDM thrives on increasing the bottom line of our clients. Our passion for success depends on the success of our clients’ campaigns. Clients include Brand Name Advertisers, Direct Marketers, Interactive Agencies and Publishers.
Direct-Path was created to generate the highest possible eCPM for Publishers and yield the highest possible lead conversion rates for Advertisers. Content sites drive traffic into Direct-Path which dynamically serves custom ads to consumers in the form of Co-Registration Ads , Interstitial Ads and Banner Widgets through PCs or Mobile Devices. This innovative technology offers more targeting features than any other performance ad serving technology. All of the targeting features are combined in our Deductive Ad Serving Algorithm which dramatically improves lead quality and conversion rates.
The Director of Business Development position is a great opportunity for an experienced Director of Media or Sales or New Business Development in the Performance Marketing Industry. The person who wins this spot will be central in the forward growth of Web Direct Media as a company, guiding the day-to-day Business Development of the Direct-Path Network and the Web Direct Media Affiliate Network and building up and heading up the Biz Dev staff in a hands-on environment where leadership and vision are key. We're looking for an individual with great drive and an aggressive spirit to guide our Biz Dev team on a path toward exceptional success while thinking big and personally managing a core of accounts. The Director of Biz Dev will take an active place in the managerial structure of the company and will be responsible for a large part of our forward development achieved from the team's profits after hiring. This position will report to the CEO and work closely with the Media Team to ensure success for both the publisher and advertiser.
- Interview, hire, train and manage the rapidly-growing Biz Dev team
- Assist Biz Dev management with strategic initiatives focused on enhancement of the broader Biz Dev team
- Personally manage high-level accounts
- Provide leadership, guidance and support for Biz Dev related issues
- Assist Biz Dev Managers with closing complex deals
- Review key sales metrics and create initiatives to increase aggregate productivity
- Weekly Biz Dev Team meetings - review of accounts, goals, forward outlook, etc.
- Provide prospecting guidance to Biz Dev Managers and help organize and prioritize accounts for maximum growth
- Travel to trade shows and organize trade show meeting calendars with new prospects
- Monitor sales activity, analyze performance, identify areas of improvement, and recommend ways to increase revenues
- Set and manage monthly, quarterly and annual goals for revenue growth
- Maintain a high-level of communication with Upper Management including sitting in on weekly meetings, sales goal fulfillment and provide sales projections
- BS/BA degree required; Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years Sales/Media/Biz Dev Director experience managing and building team of sales staff.
- Strong understanding of Performance Marketing ads, trends, analytics, technologies and platforms
- Smart, hard-working, fun-loving individual
- Good organizational, process orientation and analytical skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience successfully managing, rallying and engaging a large team
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing and closing complex-sales cycles
- Team first mentality
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Strong recruitment and negotiation skills
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Commission override and bonus
- Health benefits are available including medical, dental and vision
Please respond with resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements to: email@example.com. No telephone calls please.